I hope the third time is the charm! Here I am committing again to posting in my blog. This time Jimmy Casas is to blame. Jimmy, look what you made me do! (Thank you!!)
I am currently reading and savoring Culturize by Jimmy Casas. I discovered this book on Twitter at the perfect time. The messages in this book promote building a positive school climate and being a champion for ALL kids!
In Chapter 2 Jimmy talks about encouraging students and staff to write. He even talks about the motivation he personally received from George Couros (my last blog post in March 2016 talked about this encouragement)!
- Everyone has something to contribute.
- Honor your impact. (What powerful words!)
- Write for you...it is an opportunity for growth through reflection.
- Trust others to "check you" back into perspective. (Don't take yourself too seriously. Enjoy the process!)
- Start writing and keep writing!