I received the GREATEST text today that confirmed my belief in growth mind-set...
- Embrace challenges
- Persist in the face of set backs
- See effort as a path to mastery
- Learn from criticism
- Find lessons and inspiration from the success of others
AND THE RANDOMNESS OF BARBARA WALTERS IN THIS POST ;)
- What is the biggest misconception about you?
- Finish this sentence, "(Interviewee) is ______________."
- What was your best time? What was your worst time?
- Do you have a philosophy by which you live?
This lesson can possibly begin with a short (appropriate) video clip of famous people being interviewed by Barbara with these questions. Students can then move to their notebook for a quick write and have a chance to answer 1 or more of these questions. This seed idea might lead to a longer piece immediately or sometime during the school year. Voila! Inspiration from Barbara Walters!